Add yoga mat, music and a candle. I would use it for opening my heart once gain, in privacy, securely. I would lie on my back, bend my knees and place my feet flat on the ground. My palms flat on the ground above my shoulders. I would take a deep breath, pressing into my palms, lifting my head, shoulders, and hips off the mat, straightening my arms and legs. The wheel pose – The Heart opener. I feel exposed, vulnerable, weak.
An open heart in my life, means not afraid to love, to share, to open your heart. Which also can be difficult or dangerous if you have closed yourself off for protection against emotional pain. An open heart is beautiful creation. Allows you to willingly give and receive love. I’m opening up in way that feels safe and secure, at my own pace, here in my breathing room.
- increases elasticity and flexibility of the spine
- strengthens your arms, wrists, abdomen, legs, shoulders and chest
- opens up the chest and strengthens the lungs
- energizes you physically and mentally
- heart opening backbend intended to cure any broken hearts from our past, while allowing ourselves new opportunity for love